Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dangerous hello


Dangerous Hello
By Oluwashina Okeleji on Monday, February 15, 2010 at 9:00am

My fear of being stuck was irrevocably sealed when I realized my new path was filled with all the unconditional verbal attractions.


I was a nervy young teenager, frustrated with deceitful lies, sensitive to a pulp, horrified of speed trains and about to give up on any desert adventure.


Thanks to bumpy roads in the past, I had developed a strong mental wall, a quick tongue and continuous bitching at the sight of another promising route.


It, mine, was a life of little economic value thanks to accumulated sense of loss.


Suddenly all my fears came back, an equal mixture of anxiety and obvious awe.


I wondered if I should have looked away? ignore the platform? change the train as it leads to a pretty familiar destination of sort.


Interestingly, the word was HELLO and the feedback was a cold, scary but motivated HI.


More like money for a ticket sort of transaction at a terminal - quite passive and expressionless.


But this train had all the gadgets and essential securities too good to be true.


Probably apt to say it makes the journey look pretty attractive and worth trying.


Another swift reminder that the last adventure started on earth but ended in hell.


While the weatherman predicts more snowy condition in the winter, my summer unbelievably appear filled with plenty of sunshine.


Thus far the train has been on a cruise control even though fears hover around like a carousel seeking undeserved attention.


Obviously, next time the HELLO will be a lot warmer I guess and the HI should get the train to it's final destination.


I pondered if I should have stayed away from all the screams and lights on a wintry day at the terminal knowing soon all my fears could shatter.


After all life and death is constant with man. Since his life is filled with cry at birth, joy at living and inevitable cry at the sight of death once again.


Not every HELLO and HI has ended well thou, U just ask the undertaker at a town cemetery....

To HELLO thanks, and to HI, our paths will hopefully cross again, one day.



..........Bon chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment