Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gyan in Ghana U-turn



Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan has rescinded his decision to quit international football "indefinitely", according to his management team.

Back in February, Gyan decided to quit because he was "frustrated over the verbal abuse he received" since the Africa Cup of Nations.

He told me back then: "I love my country, I always defend my national colours with pride and determination,"

"But when you can no longer deal with the verbal and viral insults directed at you and your family, then you do the most decent thing.

"Football is my life and career. I have taken this decision and hopefully I will bounce back stronger."

Gyan's move follows Ghana's Nations Cup semi-final defeat by Zambia, in which he had a penalty saved.

The player came under sustained criticism following the Black Stars' failure to win the continental crown.

After five months away, the Al Ain of UAE striker will be available for the four-time African Champions when they face Malawi in the 2013 African Cup of Nations qualifier in September.



No comments:

Post a Comment